April 5, 2019 | Advertising | No Comments
Score More Instagram Followers With These 20 Easy Tips
Instagram over time has become a name that any and every person knows about, despite age or gender. With millions of users in its database, it has easily become one of the most used social media platforms of all time. It also witnesses an insane amount of traffic on a second to second basis, which is probably why so many people also use it as an effective marketing tool. A host of Digital Marketing and Advertising Agencies in Bangalore, like Ruckus Advertising and Events, root for Instagram as a primary network for brands to target. Even Event Management Companies use the platform to promote ticket sales and create a hype.
Now, whether you’re a brand, an independent blogger or just someone who likes to share their posts with other people, you’re aware of how the number of followers you have can drive the engagement on Instagram. More followers equal more traffic, more reach and definitely more engagement. Ruckus firmly believes that a brand with more engagement is positively climbing the ladder of recognition!
If the pressing question on your agenda is “How do I increase my following on Instagram in the first place?”, then read on below to discover some handy tips, put together by the Ruckus Team:
1. If you have a private account, chances are you’re not going to get a lot of followers; at least not in a short time frame. Hence, if you’re okay with it, you can go for a public account or even convert it into a business account if you’re trying to market something. What’s more, it only takes a few minutes to do this!
2. Check out the trending hashtags in your niche and get cracking on it. For example, if you’re trying to promote makeup or fashion, or a get together in the city, look for the hashtags that usually trend in this segment and use them on your posts to gain more traffic. A Digital Marketing company will ALWAYS emphasize on hashtags, period.
3. Post stories! After Instagram introduced its latest Story feature, it’s given users a whole new way to connect with their followers on a more “real-time” basis. Statistics say that 20%-30% of users who fail to notice posts on their feed, will most definitely notice stories.
4. Add location to your post, and you might just score new followers. When you add a location, it works pretty much like a hashtag, and your post gets more reach and also appears in the “Explore” tab more often.
5. Creating your own hashtags is also a great idea, because it helps you distinguish your posts from others. And, the more creative your hashtags are, the better the reach. However, if you want your hashtags to get more traction, you have to use them more often.
6. If you’re a blogger or a brand, then “shout outs” are an effective way to reach more people. It’s simple; you promote a friend or another brand and they do the same for you. It’s a win-win solution.
7. It’s important to stay in touch with what news or content is trending on social media. The more current and fresh your content and tags are, the more people it’s going to appeal to. We at Ruckus Advertising and Events are always posting relevant content on Instagram to stay in the loop and get noticed more!
8. Due to Instagram’s constantly changing algorithms, not all your posts appear on your followers’ feeds in the order that you post them. So, make sure you let people know you have a new post, through your stories or any other way, and you might get some new followers too.
9. Engaging with your followers is also a great way to get more people to check out your content and convert them into followers. Branding agencies in Bangalore believe that your audience can make or break your brand, and if you follow this as a rule of thumb, you’ve got the perfect motivation to get more social!
10. Go live! If your live video option is not on private, then your video can be viewed by a lot of people. And who knows, your viewers might like your content and start following you too. A live video can potentially reach tens of thousands of people; you just have to know how to use it the right way.
11. Use your creativity with captions. Believe it or not, creative content is highly appreciated on social media, and can very well score some very impressed followers for your page. Good content is all about packing a punch in a lesser amount of words!
12. Collaborate! If you come across another brand or influencer who has something to offer, and you have something to offer to them as well, then you’ve got the perfect barter right there. This way, both parties are open to a whole new group of followers on either end, which can further broaden your TG.
13. You can always get innovative and add a theme to your Instagram feed. This means you can add a pattern to filters, use creative wordplay, create photo grids, and so on. The fancier it looks, the better!
14. When you meet new people, exchanging numbers is too outdated. So, go ahead and give them your Instagram handle as well (and add it onto your visiting card)! Word of mouth is still a very effective way to market anything under the sun, and Ruckus Advertising and Events swears by it too!
15. Use your other social media handles to promote your Instagram account. Whether it’s Facebook, Twitter or even LinkedIn, go all out and make sure you co-market all of your handles to reach more followers.
16. Weekends are the best time to post, according to research, because that’s when people actually have the time to use social media and spend some time on it. This means you might get more visibility and also reach a lot of new followers (who also have time on their hands).
17. A good way to take advantage of Instagram’s algorithm is to post often, so that your chances of appearing on feeds is more likely. Also, as long as your content is interesting and effective, posting more than once in a day is never a problem!
18. Another great tip is to post after 7 PM or before 10 AM. These are, according to research, the time slots which experience maximum traffic on Instagram. Hence, posting during this time slot could end up getting you more followers as well.
19. Make sure you’re tagged in any post in which you or your brand is visible. Tags are a great way to get people to retrace their steps to your profile and also helps you with scoring new and interested followers from different profiles.
20. Contests and giveaways are always a sure shot way of increasing your follower count. You could collaborate with another brand, individual, or just host it solo. This also helps with creating a lot of engagement on your account and also keeps your followers glued to your content.
With a growing social media community that only seems to be getting bigger, more active and more engaged, scoring more followers is not much of a task. All you need to do is understand how this platform works, what the people want to see and follow, and how you can make the best use of your creativity to increase your reach significantly! Ruckus Advertising and Events is a Digital Marketing Agency, amongst other things, in Bangalore that strongly advocates the benefits of Instagram marketing.
And, if you’re ever stuck with the if’s and but’s of using this platform, pick up your phone and give us a call! (Also follow us on @ruckusadvertising)